Edinburgh is the number one International Congress and Convention Association (ICCA) conference destination in the UK outside of London and rated 20 in the top 50 European City ranking. (ICCA 2015).
- The annual economic value of Edinburgh’s business tourism is estimated to be in excess of £300 million.
- The economic benefit for the city of meeting and conference business secured or influenced by Convention Edinburgh in 2015-16 was a record-breaking £94.3 million.
- Convention Edinburgh confirmed 206 conferences in 2015-16, with an estimated attendance of 74,400 delegates in forthcoming years.
- The Edinburgh Ambassador Programme has over 500 ambassadors representing all major academic and commercial fields in which the city has an international reputation.
- Over the last 20 years, the Edinburgh Ambassador Programme, Convention Edinburgh and its members have worked to generate over £900 million for the local economy