Scotland’s capital has an award-winning reputation as one of the most attractive destinations in the world. The historic Old and New Towns are designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site (1995) and the capital was named the first ever UNESCO City of Literature (2004).
Edinburgh is regularly voted the UK's favourite domestic holiday city whilst visitors and residents consistently rate the city highly for its attractiveness and quality of life. This level of recognition is good news for Edinburgh and for you - as your delegates will be thrilled with your choice of destination.
Edinburgh’s Awards & Accolades
- Edinburgh named the third best city in the UK to live and work (2014 Good Growth for Cities index)
- Named ‘Best Mid-Sized European City’ (Financial Times fDi Magazine 2014)
- Named ‘Best Foreign Direct Investment Strategy’ (Mid-Sized City) (Financial Times fDi Magazine 2014)
- Voted one of the ‘Top Ten Cities to Visit’ (Wanderlust Travel Awards 2014)
- 'UK's safest destination' in a survey carried out in cities across the nation (YouGov 2014)
- Voted the ‘Best Place to Live in the UK’ (YouGov 2013)
- Edinburgh Airport voted ‘Best in Europe’ (ACI EUROPE Best Airport Awards 2013)
- Edinburgh is most popular UK city after London for hosting international association meetings and rated 21 in the top 50 European City ranking. (ICCA 2013)
- Edinburgh is the second most tech savvy town in the UK (Google eTown Awards 2013)
- Named ‘Europe's Leading Destination’ (World Travel Awards 2012)
- Voted ‘Favourite UK City’ for 13th consecutive year (Guardian/Observer Readers' Travellers Awards 2012)
- Voted ‘Best UK City’ (Telegraph Travel Awards 2012)