The conference will explore the opportunities for Scotland’s cities to embrace the transition to a sustainable, clean, green economy: reducing energy costs and tackling fuel poverty, while attracting low-carbon investment and building Scotland’s industries of the future.
Key issues to be covered include:
- A vision for low-carbon cities in Scotland
- Lessons learned from the experience of recent case studies and good practice
- Master-planning, future-proofing and ‘low-regrets’: how do we plan for future low-carbon infrastructure?
- The behavioural and cultural changes we need to adopt and drive forward
- Renewable and low-carbon technologies that can be applied to the cityscape
Keith Brown MSP, Cabinet Secretary for Economy, Jobs and Fair Work
Sam Greer, Engineering Director, Stagecoach UK Bus
Colin Reid, Energy & Sustainability Manager, Wheatley Group - Glasgow Housing Association
Full details of the programme and speakers can be found on the conference website