Edinburgh has recently welcomed big developments, offering exciting new venue event space for meeting and event planners.
Hilton Edinburgh Carlton
Hilton Hotels & Resorts continue their brand expansion in Scotland with the Hilton Edinburgh Carlton, which opened on 11th August after a £17 million refurbishment programme. The Hilton Edinburgh Carlton showcases a chic hotel experience in a city centre location.
Located on the North Bridge, a short walking distance from Edinburgh Waverley Station and close to attractions such as the Royal Mile and St Giles’ Cathedral, the 211 room property offers both junior suites and executive rooms. You can relax and unwind in the hotel’s Executive Lounge throughout the day and follow this by dinner in the Marco Pierre White Steakhouse and Grill, which offers a variety of local Scottish produce.
For your events, Hilton Edinburgh Carlton has seven dedicated meeting rooms that can accommodate a variety of gatherings including banquets, executive roundtable meetings, conferences and celebrations. The main event room, the Highland Suite, can do up to 200 people for a banquet and 300 people for a reception and offers panoramic views across the city.
The Scotch Malt Whisky Society
The Scotch Malt Whisky Society has recently reopened following a £300,000 refurbishment which has transformed the venue into a striking new look combining classic features with contemporary design.
This is an ideal location for bespoke corporate dinners and tastings and now boasts the new Kaleidoscope Whisky Bar where delegates can explore the varied range of whisky flavours, with more than 200 rare single malt whiskies and other spirits available at the bar each month. A new shop selling over 100 bottles of whisky also allows you to take your favourite tipple back home.
Looking for something a bit different for your delegates, then visit the Charles Heidsieck champagne table where you can arrange a 5-course meal matched to champagnes.
Edinburgh Airport is Scotland’s busiest and UK’s 6th busiest airport. Take a look at some of the new routes for Edinburgh:
- Warsaw by Ryanair - Sundays, Tuesday and Thursdays from 30th October 2016.
- Barcelona by Norwegian – Twice weekly from now (and New York from summer 2017)
- Girona by Jet2 - Mondays and Fridays starting from 28th April 2017
- Fuerteventura by Jet2 - Mondays weekly from 19 December 2016
- Thessalonki by Jet2 - Weekly from Tuesday 30th May 2017
- Naples by Jet2 - Saturdays starting from 29th April 2017
- Murcia by Jet2 - Twice weekly, on Mondays and Fridays from 31st March 2017
- Almeria by Jet2 - Weekly starting from 27 April 2017
- Reykjavik/Iceland by Wow Air - Wednesdays and Sundays from now
- Turin by Jet2 and Jet2 holidays - Saturdays from 30th December 2016
- Milan by Ryanair – Five times weekly from March 2017